Maeve Memorial Run Information
- 9:00 a.m. – Full Race: for the serious runners, ages 12 and older* (4 laps; approximately the distance of a 5K)
- 10:00 a.m. – Fun Run: a more relaxed pace and shorter distance for ages 8 and older (2 laps instead of 4)
- 10:45 a.m. – Mini-Maeve Run: for the wee folk, ages 10 and under (on their own course!)
- Anytime! – Spirit Runner: for those who cannot be with us physically on race day, you can register and we will send you a race bib and shirt. Send us a race time and photo and we’ll be sure to post it with our results!
* We request that those running the full race be 12 years old or older, and those under 18 will require a parent’s signature.
The Full Race is designed to be a European style 5,000 meter cross country race. As such, it is a short course, making it spectator friendly, with several obstacles incorporated as part of the course. It is physically challenging and will take you 2-5 minutes longer than a road race of the same distance. It takes place on our property, in North East, PA. A portion of the course is run over grass in an open area, and another portion through a wooded trail that is cleared to create a running path. There are mud pits to negotiate, a bridge to cross with a rather steep ramp, a log wall to climb over, and a vigorous climb up a hillside with ropes to assist your efforts.
We suggest wearing spiked shoes and clothes that you aren’t concerned about getting dirty. Hoses will be available for attempting to remove mud, and the creek is also available for rinsing off!
are you ready to run in such as way as to win the prize?
Or download the paper registration form below and mail it the old fashioned way!
When: Saturday, July 15, 2017
Where: 5595 Williams Road, North East, PA 16428
Maeve Memorial Run